Exotic Butterflies is an aptly named collection showcasing the beauty and elegance of the worlds butterflies with fascinating, brilliantly coloured 3D wings. It appears as though a real butterfly could lift off the coin at any moment to drift away.
The enchanting coins have been issued annually since 2011 for a different nation and portray a butterfly species native to that particular region. Starting with the 2016 release, the coins are minted with smartminting© relief.
The final issue of the series was issued by Mongolia and revealed at the Berlin World Money Fair in 2017.
- 7-coin collection, issued annually from 2011 to 2017
- Issued by a different nation each year:
- 2011 Cameroon, 1000 Francs CFA
- 2012 Tokelau, 5 Dollars
- 2013 Andorra, 5 Dinar
- 2014 Central African Republic, 1000 Francs CFA
- 2015 Equatorial Guinea, 1000 Francos CFA
- 2016 Tanzania, 1000 Shillings
- 2017 Mongolia, 500 Togrog
- 38.61 mm, 25 g, proof
- Silver .999 or .925 depending on issue
- Each coin carries a 3D butterfly perched on a flower
- Mintage: 2500 per issue
- Smartminting on 2016 and 2017 issues