Shades of Nature
The Shades of Nature series launched in 2014 with the amazing Honey Bee. A silver critter on a gilded background have become the trademark of this series portraying fascinating smaller creatures. Key to the series is an exquisite micro-minting surface-finish that accentuates and emphasizes even the tiniest details in the wing of a bee, the veins on a leaf or the scales on a fish. Starting with the 2016 issue, the coins are produced with smartminting© which, added to the precision laser engraving, results in a hitherto unknown interplay of finesse and high relief.
- Cook Islands, 5 Dollars, 25 gr, 38.61 mm, proof, partially gilded
- Silver fine content: varies between issues from .925 to .999
- Mintage: 2000 pcs per issue
- Microminting surface treatment
- Smartminting high relief (since 2016)