Lunar Year Collection
Mongolian lunar year issues are still rare and sought after. Beginning in 2016 with the Year of the Monkey, CIT has issued lunar coins for Mongolia every year in various specification ranging from minute 11mm gold coins to the large silver note canvas in the Year of the Dog.
For 2019 Mongolian lunar coins for the first time receive a smartminting treatment resulting in the charming and truly unique Jolly Silver Pig. Minted from one ounce of fine silver, the Jolly Silver Pig is a three-dimensional numismatic sculpture with beautiful floral ornaments. The pig is minted in a way that allows it stand freely on its own to make an ideal display and conversation piece. It is undoubtedly one of the most unique lunar coins ever minted and ships in an elegant collector’s box.
The Jolly Silver Pig is flanked by two additional lunar coins – a traditional gold version and once again a five-gram silver note with brilliant sur face f inishing.
- Lunar coins issued for Mongolia since 2016 (Year of the Monkey)
- Up to three issues per year:
- Flagship silver issues: .999 Silver, 25g – 1oz, HiCarv (2016-17), Smartminting 3D shape (2019), 500-1000 Togrog, various finishes (black proof, antique finish)
- Silver notes: .999 Silver, 5g, 150×70mm, Prooflike, 100 Togrog, 5000 pcs per issue, launched in 2018 (Year of the Dog)
- Gold coins: .9999 Gold, 0.5g, 11mm, 1000 Togrog, Proof, 5000-15000 pcs per issue