Golden Highlights is a loosely defined collection of little gold coins struck in unique shapes. First issued in 2007, the series has gained huge popularity over the years. The motifs have traditionally included symbols of good fortune, joy and happiness, but exceptionally also somewhat sinister designs such as the Golden Skull.
The little gold coins are popular good luck charms, tokens and presents not just for collectors but also friends and family.
- Republic of Palau, 1 Dollar
- Gold .9999, 0.5 g, 11 mm – 13.92 mm (BGM), BU
- The coins do not have an official year of issue
- A distinct special shape is introduced with each issue
- Mintage: early issues 25000, newer issues 15000